Cedric M. Brooks & the Light Of Saba The Light of Saba
- Words: frosty
- Label: Honest Jon's
Cedric Im Brooks channels natural vibrations into an elevated organic poem. His pure roots music glows with consciousness. Cries of freedom and blazing rhythms roll on billowing drums. From a shower of bird chirps, Brooks's saxophone uncoils and bursts into supernatural melodies. Brooks is a Jamaican music sage whose fine-tuned education came both at the landmark Alpha Catholic School for Boys and in early Studio One sessions. His evolution soared in 1970 when he formed the Mystic Revelation of Rastafari, alongside master percussionist Count Ossie. Together they created a crystallized sound expression of modern Rastafarianism. Brooks carried this vision onward with his next collective, The Light of Saba. Their music flows with African tones. Afrobeat, calypso, disco and American cosmic jazz shine with a steady undercurrent of Nyabinghi drumming. The Light of Saba is a soul statement. Breath it in.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player