Ch3vy Fur Coat, No Knickers
- Words: Mike Battaglia
- Label: Catskills
Husky Rescue‘s label gifts us this slice of sleazy yet classy Blaxploitation funk whose title captures the vibe perfectly. "Rock Me Mumma" sounds spacious despite densely packed samples while "After Party" is the fer real "back to mine" soundtrack to gettin‘ lit and laid. But it‘s "83 Functions"‘ chugging bassline and over-the-top horns that make the EP worthwhile.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player