The Chap Mega Breakfast
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Ghostly International
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
The Chap is the sound of the music-genre glass ceiling being smashed by hard-headed young London lads and lasses with little more than a 20-gig iPod on shuffle. For the trainspotters, The Chap offers plenty of influences to point to: The group obviously thrills to Gentle Giant, Monty Python, and Britney Spears equally. Yet through the time signatures, drum machines, and string sections, on Mega Breakfast it’s mostly The Chap that shines through–a heart full of pop choruses and quirk that surpasses the stabs at world music, prog rock, and post-dance music.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
XLR8R Downloads Player