Cheap Cologne Just A little Samle
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Bomb Hip-Hop
If Dick Clark were commissioned to produce a hip-hip record, Just A Little Sample would be his brainchild. Funneling pop culture references from all walks of life, Twin Cities producer/DJ Cheap Cologne has created a divinely diverse, devoted and just plain hilarious maiden LP. Like any white suburban youth who grew up on equal parts Pantera and Public Enemy, Cheap Cologne drops a schizoid mix of Anglo angst. Whether it's Pigeon John resurrecting Tony Danza, Slug sparring over Slayer's "Spirit In Black" or CC's cheeky homage to pacifiers and glowsticks ("Ravers Suck"), this album seems to have the Axe Effect.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- NewsGroundislava Details Upcoming LP for Friends of Friends
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player