Cheap Cologne Just A little Samle
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Bomb Hip-Hop
If Dick Clark were commissioned to produce a hip-hip record, Just A Little Sample would be his brainchild. Funneling pop culture references from all walks of life, Twin Cities producer/DJ Cheap Cologne has created a divinely diverse, devoted and just plain hilarious maiden LP. Like any white suburban youth who grew up on equal parts Pantera and Public Enemy, Cheap Cologne drops a schizoid mix of Anglo angst. Whether it's Pigeon John resurrecting Tony Danza, Slug sparring over Slayer's "Spirit In Black" or CC's cheeky homage to pacifiers and glowsticks ("Ravers Suck"), this album seems to have the Axe Effect.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player