Chef/Ramadanman Dubstep Allstars: Vol. 7
This double mix CD sorts out the differences—some glaring, others more subtle—of dubstep's multidirectional past, present and future. Disc One finds South London DJ Chef juggling what might be called the scene's "foundation" sound based around clear-cut D&B, jungle, and UK garage influences, leading to a 34-track hardcore maelstrom full of crunch-time wobblers by Benga, Cyrus, Distance, and D1. Ramadanman's mix on Disc Two veers toward funkier, house-inspired territory, with highlights by Hessle Audio labelmates Pangaea, Untold, and Ramadanman himself, not to mention Peverelist, Scuba, and wonky-shoegaze-dub specialists Mount Kimbie, who close the impressive set with the sublime "50 Mile View."
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player