Chef/Ramadanman Dubstep Allstars: Vol. 7
This double mix CD sorts out the differences—some glaring, others more subtle—of dubstep's multidirectional past, present and future. Disc One finds South London DJ Chef juggling what might be called the scene's "foundation" sound based around clear-cut D&B, jungle, and UK garage influences, leading to a 34-track hardcore maelstrom full of crunch-time wobblers by Benga, Cyrus, Distance, and D1. Ramadanman's mix on Disc Two veers toward funkier, house-inspired territory, with highlights by Hessle Audio labelmates Pangaea, Untold, and Ramadanman himself, not to mention Peverelist, Scuba, and wonky-shoegaze-dub specialists Mount Kimbie, who close the impressive set with the sublime "50 Mile View."
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player