Chef/Ramadanman Dubstep Allstars: Vol. 7
This double mix CD sorts out the differences—some glaring, others more subtle—of dubstep's multidirectional past, present and future. Disc One finds South London DJ Chef juggling what might be called the scene's "foundation" sound based around clear-cut D&B, jungle, and UK garage influences, leading to a 34-track hardcore maelstrom full of crunch-time wobblers by Benga, Cyrus, Distance, and D1. Ramadanman's mix on Disc Two veers toward funkier, house-inspired territory, with highlights by Hessle Audio labelmates Pangaea, Untold, and Ramadanman himself, not to mention Peverelist, Scuba, and wonky-shoegaze-dub specialists Mount Kimbie, who close the impressive set with the sublime "50 Mile View."
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player