The Chemical Brothers Push The Button
- Words: Rob Wood
- Label: Freestyle Dust-Virgin
The fifth album from Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons does what a Chemical Brothers album should. It makes loud, unsubtle noises through powerful beats, riffs, and obligatory siren noises. The first single, "Galvanize," is a case in point. Featuring Q-Tip, it will no doubt endear itself to most of their fans, yet, for all its raucous energy, it still feels somewhat uninspired. However this is still an album in need of your attention. "Hold Tight London" is a dream using Anna Lynne‘s voice to great effect. Yet the best is saved for last. "Surface To Air" is one of their finest recordings to date, coming over like an electronic ode to Bowie‘s "Heroes." Fun, loud, and sometimes, very good.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player