Chicken lips Body Music
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: NRK
Like Morgan Geist, Trevor Jackson and Ben Cooke Dean Meredith and Andy Meecham (as Chicken Lips) have been making smart, '80s-inspired dance music that happily steers clear of anything having to do with Larry Tee. Using elements of dub, tracky Chicago house and lo-fi schoolyard hip-hop, they've recently left their best-kept-secret status for a bit more renown. On this "turntable blend," the duo gives you just what you'd expect. Namely, stripped-down, propulsive dance music that veers from the Trax-style Palace of Pleasure to the cheek of Captain Rapp to the delicate string glissandos of Kelley Polar Quartet and back again. Body Music, indeed.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player