Chicken lips Body Music
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: NRK
Like Morgan Geist, Trevor Jackson and Ben Cooke Dean Meredith and Andy Meecham (as Chicken Lips) have been making smart, '80s-inspired dance music that happily steers clear of anything having to do with Larry Tee. Using elements of dub, tracky Chicago house and lo-fi schoolyard hip-hop, they've recently left their best-kept-secret status for a bit more renown. On this "turntable blend," the duo gives you just what you'd expect. Namely, stripped-down, propulsive dance music that veers from the Trax-style Palace of Pleasure to the cheek of Captain Rapp to the delicate string glissandos of Kelley Polar Quartet and back again. Body Music, indeed.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player