Chicken lips Body Music
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: NRK
Like Morgan Geist, Trevor Jackson and Ben Cooke Dean Meredith and Andy Meecham (as Chicken Lips) have been making smart, '80s-inspired dance music that happily steers clear of anything having to do with Larry Tee. Using elements of dub, tracky Chicago house and lo-fi schoolyard hip-hop, they've recently left their best-kept-secret status for a bit more renown. On this "turntable blend," the duo gives you just what you'd expect. Namely, stripped-down, propulsive dance music that veers from the Trax-style Palace of Pleasure to the cheek of Captain Rapp to the delicate string glissandos of Kelley Polar Quartet and back again. Body Music, indeed.
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsListen to Bodhi's New Single for Ten Thousand Yen
XLR8R Downloads Player