Chihei Hatakeyama Minima Moralia
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Kranky
The track titles on Hatakeyama‘s debut alone provide a pretty good hint at what‘s inside: "Bonfire on the Field," "Granular Haze," and "Beside a Well" all invoke a sense of environment. Throughout the disc, moods, scenes, and feelings emerge, and the results are warm and free-floating. But while the layered tones are beautiful, the album overall could use more variety. The guitars underlying "Swaying Curtain in the Window" and "Towards a Tranquil Marsh," for example, give both tracks a distinctiveness that the disc misses in other places. There‘s a line, after all, between subtle and soporific.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player