Chihei Hatakeyama Minima Moralia
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Kranky
The track titles on Hatakeyama‘s debut alone provide a pretty good hint at what‘s inside: "Bonfire on the Field," "Granular Haze," and "Beside a Well" all invoke a sense of environment. Throughout the disc, moods, scenes, and feelings emerge, and the results are warm and free-floating. But while the layered tones are beautiful, the album overall could use more variety. The guitars underlying "Swaying Curtain in the Window" and "Towards a Tranquil Marsh," for example, give both tracks a distinctiveness that the disc misses in other places. There‘s a line, after all, between subtle and soporific.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player