Choncey Langford The Enthusiast
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Woodson Lateral
As one-third of Seattle‘s Lamplighter, Langford helped to forge one of the Northwest‘s most diverse and interesting IDM albums of the decade with 2003‘s A Three Point Perspective. Since moving to LA, he‘s focused on solo production. The Enthusiast finds him exploring techno‘s dubbier and glitchier strata with off-kilter inventiveness, while maintaining his IDM pedigree "(Max Ernst" and "Harvey Milk" teem with unpredictable pinball rhythms and murmuring hospital-equipment sounds). Langford also understands the value of concision, maximizing stimulation in 39 minutes over 12 tracks. With one foot on the tech-house dancefloor, the other in the tonal tomfoolery of Mille Plateaux, Langford embarks on a promising solo career.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
XLR8R Downloads Player