Choncey Langford The Enthusiast
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Woodson Lateral
As one-third of Seattle‘s Lamplighter, Langford helped to forge one of the Northwest‘s most diverse and interesting IDM albums of the decade with 2003‘s A Three Point Perspective. Since moving to LA, he‘s focused on solo production. The Enthusiast finds him exploring techno‘s dubbier and glitchier strata with off-kilter inventiveness, while maintaining his IDM pedigree "(Max Ernst" and "Harvey Milk" teem with unpredictable pinball rhythms and murmuring hospital-equipment sounds). Langford also understands the value of concision, maximizing stimulation in 39 minutes over 12 tracks. With one foot on the tech-house dancefloor, the other in the tonal tomfoolery of Mille Plateaux, Langford embarks on a promising solo career.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player