Choncey Langford The Enthusiast
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Woodson Lateral
As one-third of Seattle‘s Lamplighter, Langford helped to forge one of the Northwest‘s most diverse and interesting IDM albums of the decade with 2003‘s A Three Point Perspective. Since moving to LA, he‘s focused on solo production. The Enthusiast finds him exploring techno‘s dubbier and glitchier strata with off-kilter inventiveness, while maintaining his IDM pedigree "(Max Ernst" and "Harvey Milk" teem with unpredictable pinball rhythms and murmuring hospital-equipment sounds). Langford also understands the value of concision, maximizing stimulation in 39 minutes over 12 tracks. With one foot on the tech-house dancefloor, the other in the tonal tomfoolery of Mille Plateaux, Langford embarks on a promising solo career.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player