Chris Carter Xing
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Botchit
On his first release for Botchit in a couple of years, Carter throws down in his dependable tech-breaks stylee. The title rolls a laidback-yet-sharp, synth-driven rhythmic vibe that supports a long, chimerical, bluesy soul vocal. The flipside's "Udon" goes more minimally funky for the floor with occasional dramatic spotlights on the drum fills and some twinkly electronic bits sprinkled over the whole arrangement. Carter = quality, as usual.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player