Chris Carter Xing
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Botchit
On his first release for Botchit in a couple of years, Carter throws down in his dependable tech-breaks stylee. The title rolls a laidback-yet-sharp, synth-driven rhythmic vibe that supports a long, chimerical, bluesy soul vocal. The flipside's "Udon" goes more minimally funky for the floor with occasional dramatic spotlights on the drum fills and some twinkly electronic bits sprinkled over the whole arrangement. Carter = quality, as usual.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player