Chris Watson & BJ Nilsen Storm
- Words: Eric Smillie
- Label: Touch
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Mother nature can really bring the noise. The latest collaboration between English sound archivist Chris Watson (formerly of Cabaret Voltaire and The Hafler Trio) and Swedish sound artist BJ Nilsen (Hazard) finds the two seminal field-recordists chasing a storm system on their respective North Sea shores. Edited but unmodified, the sounds they brave the elements to collect ebb and swell through the album's three rich, mesmerizing tracks: fierce winds, stinging rains, wild beasts, and black waves roar under heavy skies. Rage on.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player