Chris Watson & BJ Nilsen Storm
- Words: Eric Smillie
- Label: Touch
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Mother nature can really bring the noise. The latest collaboration between English sound archivist Chris Watson (formerly of Cabaret Voltaire and The Hafler Trio) and Swedish sound artist BJ Nilsen (Hazard) finds the two seminal field-recordists chasing a storm system on their respective North Sea shores. Edited but unmodified, the sounds they brave the elements to collect ebb and swell through the album's three rich, mesmerizing tracks: fierce winds, stinging rains, wild beasts, and black waves roar under heavy skies. Rage on.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player