Christ. Blue Shift Emissions
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Benbecula
Scottish electronic composer Christ. (pronounced "Krisst"; short for Christopher) experiences a resurrection, releasing a second proper Benbecula full-length four years after 2003's Metamorphic Reproduction Miracle. Christ. was one of the early members of Boards of Canada, so the pastoral, sepia-toned synths and woozy melancholic melodies waft as expected; additionally, there is an anchoring flicker of oxidized, fireside beats. He manifests a bucolic whorl with the best of them, referencing the immersive and animatronic sensibilities of both the Warp and Morr catalogs with an insistent sawtooth undercurrent.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player