Christian Marclay DJ Trio
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Asphodel
The sounds of vinyl-the surface noise that amasses ticks and pops and accidental stylus scratches over time, and the sharp snaps of it getting broken into bits-intrigues Christian Marclay more than its musical content. In his DJ improv project, djTRIO, he shares space with a changing lineup of two other deconstruction turntablists; members include this album's collaborators DJ Olive, Toshio Kajiwara, Erik M and Marina Rosenfeld. The results resemble an archeological excavation where whirlpool scratches, microtones and samples of thrift store-mined cheese fly around like poltergeists released from a tomb. An uneasy trip, but far more adventurous than instructional video-taught flare scratches over clich»d breaks.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player