Christopher Willits Surf Boundaries
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Ghostly International
Christopher Willits is one of the few producers that has conquered his machinery so well that, at any time, pop can become noise and noise can become harmony within a span of minutes. On Surf Boundaries, the guitar-processing master finds serene solace through chirping effect patches nestled between atmospheric tidal waves, bouncing from decadent swirls to chopped-up flutters. Aside from the subtle, epic instrumentation, it's the presence of dual vocals of Willits and his ex-flame Latrice Barnett that really make this one of the year's most prized emotive possessions.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player