Christopher Willits Surf Boundaries
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Ghostly International
Christopher Willits is one of the few producers that has conquered his machinery so well that, at any time, pop can become noise and noise can become harmony within a span of minutes. On Surf Boundaries, the guitar-processing master finds serene solace through chirping effect patches nestled between atmospheric tidal waves, bouncing from decadent swirls to chopped-up flutters. Aside from the subtle, epic instrumentation, it's the presence of dual vocals of Willits and his ex-flame Latrice Barnett that really make this one of the year's most prized emotive possessions.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player