Christopher Willits Surf Boundaries
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Ghostly International
Christopher Willits is one of the few producers that has conquered his machinery so well that, at any time, pop can become noise and noise can become harmony within a span of minutes. On Surf Boundaries, the guitar-processing master finds serene solace through chirping effect patches nestled between atmospheric tidal waves, bouncing from decadent swirls to chopped-up flutters. Aside from the subtle, epic instrumentation, it's the presence of dual vocals of Willits and his ex-flame Latrice Barnett that really make this one of the year's most prized emotive possessions.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player