- Words: Taryn Harrington
- Label: Portia
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
You may not have heard of Argentinean-born Cineplexx (a.k.a. Sebastian Litmanovich), but that doesn’t mean that he hasn’t spent the majority of his 34 years making music. His ninth full-length, Picnic, features simple pop music with little inner complexities (think: The Beach Boys meets Belle and Sebastian). Tracks like “Droga Paliativa” infuse with ’80s style synths and electronic-driven pop, while the title track (which features Half Japanese’s Jad Fair) masterfully layers a folky organ with twitchy guitar and chimes. Like dreamy landscapes sung in Spanish, Litmanovich’s melodies evoke all kinds of emotions.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player