- Words: Taryn Harrington
- Label: Portia
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
You may not have heard of Argentinean-born Cineplexx (a.k.a. Sebastian Litmanovich), but that doesn’t mean that he hasn’t spent the majority of his 34 years making music. His ninth full-length, Picnic, features simple pop music with little inner complexities (think: The Beach Boys meets Belle and Sebastian). Tracks like “Droga Paliativa” infuse with ’80s style synths and electronic-driven pop, while the title track (which features Half Japanese’s Jad Fair) masterfully layers a folky organ with twitchy guitar and chimes. Like dreamy landscapes sung in Spanish, Litmanovich’s melodies evoke all kinds of emotions.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player