Claude Von Stroke Fabric 46
- Words: Lulu McAllister
- Label: Fabric
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Claude VonStroke’s Fabric 46 mix begins like a stoner session overtaken by a pair of funky, horn-infused tracks by Ekkohaus, followed immediately by some cheeky, cut-up soul on his own remix of Bootsy Collins’ "The Greasy Beat." Shifting gears, the middle of the disc finds the San Francisco producer and Dirtybird founder cruising along a shared bassline through a wasteland of house music, eventually breaking the uniformity with a double-track combination of Xpansul & Daweed’s tickled "Pilsnerd" and Mark Houle’s hyper-plinky "Dirty Dirty," which then bleeds into German DJ Dinamoe’s squelchy ’90s-style tech-house number, "Maceo." Over the course of 20 tracks, VonStroke blends his disparate influences into a seamless impression of his at-times unpredictable style.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player