The Clonious Between the Dots
In addition to doling out wings on a daily basis, Red Bull is gaining quite the reputation with its esteemed Music Academy becoming an official launch pad for young, innovative, left-of-center artists from around the globe. Austrian producer Paul Movahedi (a.k.a. The Clonious) is no exception. The soul-jazz combo feel of “Agenda” juxtaposed with the angular glitch beats of “Dataflow” exemplifies Movahedi’s full range of musical motion. Moments like the remix of “One at a Time” (featuring RBMA co-conspirator Muhsinah), the warped and beautifully schizophrenic “Oily Glue,” and vocal drops from Dudley Perkins and Georgia Anne Muldrow are all firm signifiers of Movahedi’s promise in the realm of the beat scene. Vienna is definitely calling.
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
XLR8R Downloads Player