The Clonious Between the Dots
In addition to doling out wings on a daily basis, Red Bull is gaining quite the reputation with its esteemed Music Academy becoming an official launch pad for young, innovative, left-of-center artists from around the globe. Austrian producer Paul Movahedi (a.k.a. The Clonious) is no exception. The soul-jazz combo feel of “Agenda” juxtaposed with the angular glitch beats of “Dataflow” exemplifies Movahedi’s full range of musical motion. Moments like the remix of “One at a Time” (featuring RBMA co-conspirator Muhsinah), the warped and beautifully schizophrenic “Oily Glue,” and vocal drops from Dudley Perkins and Georgia Anne Muldrow are all firm signifiers of Movahedi’s promise in the realm of the beat scene. Vienna is definitely calling.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player