- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Exceptional
Alex Berg chose his moniker well: his debut album is full of light, shimmering sounds that still manage to carry substance. Berg, from Sweden, creates textured, laid-back jazz, soul and house that sounds versatile enough to take you from dancing around your living room to dancing 'til dawn on a beach. The vocals on "Thinking of You" are more crooned than belted, but infectious nonetheless. "Hold On," with its touch of disco funk, sounds like an invitation to joy. And the delicate layers of instrumental "Cute" add depth to the album as well. Adventure is ear candy with musical heft.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player