Clue to Kalo One Way, It‘s Every Way
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Mush
Sometimes when your heart is bruised you have to circle the wagons, so to speak. So an elliptical album (bookended by "The Younger the Old" and "The Older the Young") isn‘t a stretch for mortality-minded Australian Mark Mitchell on his second full-length of idyll symmetrics. Under the name Clue to Kalo, Mitchell presents the soft-focus, sun-dappled folksy jangle of melodic, melancholic laptop loops atop which linger the kind of hushed first-person versus personal tug-of-war familiar to fans of Elliott Smith and Death Cab for Cutie. If earth is just the rug underneath which our dead shed skin and unsure first steps are swept, One Way, It‘s Every Way is the dewy nostalgia that keeps the fabric evergreen.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player