Clue to Kalo One Way, It‘s Every Way
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Mush
Sometimes when your heart is bruised you have to circle the wagons, so to speak. So an elliptical album (bookended by "The Younger the Old" and "The Older the Young") isn‘t a stretch for mortality-minded Australian Mark Mitchell on his second full-length of idyll symmetrics. Under the name Clue to Kalo, Mitchell presents the soft-focus, sun-dappled folksy jangle of melodic, melancholic laptop loops atop which linger the kind of hushed first-person versus personal tug-of-war familiar to fans of Elliott Smith and Death Cab for Cutie. If earth is just the rug underneath which our dead shed skin and unsure first steps are swept, One Way, It‘s Every Way is the dewy nostalgia that keeps the fabric evergreen.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player