Cobra Killer 76/77
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Monika
No Jane-come-latelies, Gina V. D'Orio and Annika Line Trost were fusing performance with rock-inspired electro when Peaches was something you looked for in the produce section. On this, their third album, the duo's go-go grrlgroup antics continue as they glue the dirty ‘60s riffology of The Monks and The Shangri Las with DAF and their Digital Hardcore roots, courtesy of production help from T. Raumschmiere, Thomas Fehlmann and Eric D. Clark. The result, besides being a fantastically voluptuous romp that updates Beyond The Valley of the Dolls, reveals just where Kathleen Hanna's Julie Ruin and Le Tigre may have learned more than a few tricks.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
XLR8R Downloads Player