Collective Efforts Medicine
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: ATF
Atlanta hip-hop has never been short on variety, and its latest offspring, Collective Efforts, only adds another shade to the city's expansive palette of sounds. With their R&B-styled hooks, harmonious flows, and smooth beats, these MCs could easily pass for crooners. But it's not love ballads that they're laying down; with their "medicinal" music, they're out to heal the souls of listeners living in troubled times. The CE crew isn't likely to appeal to every hip-hop head, but their soothing new album further proves that you never quite know what will come out of ATL next.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player