Colossus The Tribute
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: OmHipHop
Charlie Tate is a man with a funk pedigree, including stints in Big Cheese Allstars and his King Kooba project. "The Tribute" invokes his past and present influences, with MC Capitol A dip-diving over chopped big-band jazz beats. If that‘s not enough, DJ Zeph hauls out a mean Brazilian-dub remix-organ stabs, conga rolls and classic breaks galore. UK guest Hylton Smith (Roots Manuva) rocks "Thripney Bits" and J-Boogie‘s Afrobeat breakers mix pushes the genre boundaries out there.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player