- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Moteer
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Though Giuseppe Cordaro’s debut album as Con_Cetta was apparently produced using “auto-generative processes,” the drones, clicks, and murmurs of Micro seem perfectly poised: The sound design seems careful and considered rather than haphazard or arbitrary. For the most part, the Milan-based sound sculptor finds merit in near-asceticism–this is austere, humorless music and all the better for it–but Micro is nevertheless engaging enough to warrant repeated listens, and when hints of warmth do burst through (as on “Kent”) it’s as if minor miracles are taking place.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player