- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Moteer
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Though Giuseppe Cordaro’s debut album as Con_Cetta was apparently produced using “auto-generative processes,” the drones, clicks, and murmurs of Micro seem perfectly poised: The sound design seems careful and considered rather than haphazard or arbitrary. For the most part, the Milan-based sound sculptor finds merit in near-asceticism–this is austere, humorless music and all the better for it–but Micro is nevertheless engaging enough to warrant repeated listens, and when hints of warmth do burst through (as on “Kent”) it’s as if minor miracles are taking place.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Co-Op 87
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- NewsRustie, Talaboman, Ben UFO, Jacques Greene, How to Dress Well, and More Added to Club to Club 2014 Line-Up
XLR8R Downloads Player