- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Moteer
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Though Giuseppe Cordaro’s debut album as Con_Cetta was apparently produced using “auto-generative processes,” the drones, clicks, and murmurs of Micro seem perfectly poised: The sound design seems careful and considered rather than haphazard or arbitrary. For the most part, the Milan-based sound sculptor finds merit in near-asceticism–this is austere, humorless music and all the better for it–but Micro is nevertheless engaging enough to warrant repeated listens, and when hints of warmth do burst through (as on “Kent”) it’s as if minor miracles are taking place.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsSimian Mobile Disco Shares Second Single from 'Whorl'
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player