Concord Dawn Uprising
- Words: Chris Muniz
- Label: Uprising
It may surprise a few folks to learn that Uprising is actually the third album from drum & bass duo Evan Short and Matt Harvey, better known as Concord Dawn. Having been at it in their native New Zealand for years, it wasn't until they exploded onto the international jungle scene with massive releases on imprints like Timeless, Freak and Renegade Hardware that their name has filtered down to the masses. Familiar bits like "Morning Light," "Tonite" and "Zulu" represent here, as well as fresh treats like the Slayer-inspired "Raining Blood," the pile-driving "Don't Tell Me," and the Bristol-flavored "Ninja." All are instant anthems with catchy hooks, tough beats and an innate sense of the dramatic, firmly securing Concord Dawn's place among the d&b elite.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player