The Concretes In Colour
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Astralwerks
For their second album, the eight-piece Swedish girl band takes their pop sensibilities close to the realm of Americana, forcing the two worlds to meet in some territory in between. Blame it on the songwriting, the seeming disorganization of the tracklisting, or the mere concept of trying to combine uplifting pop with one of the most depressing genres out there; whatever the reason, the production capabilities are present here, but the album doesn‘t quite reach its full potential.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player