The Concretes In Colour
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Astralwerks
For their second album, the eight-piece Swedish girl band takes their pop sensibilities close to the realm of Americana, forcing the two worlds to meet in some territory in between. Blame it on the songwriting, the seeming disorganization of the tracklisting, or the mere concept of trying to combine uplifting pop with one of the most depressing genres out there; whatever the reason, the production capabilities are present here, but the album doesn‘t quite reach its full potential.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player