The Connection Machine Painless
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: Downlow
Not content with releasing the best contemporary "Detroit" techno, Dutch artists are now unleashing work from their archives that demonstrates that they‘ve always had a flair for electronic music at its most emotive and soulful. 154 initiated the trend, dropping the Strike LP-produced during Dutch techno‘s early ‘90s first wave-at the tail-end of 2004. Painless, the creation of duo Jeroen Brandjes and Natasja Hagemeier, was put together during the same period for release on Planet E, but the record never hit the racks. Thankfully, Texan imprint Downlow has ensured that it finally will-great news for all concerned.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player