The Cool Kids 88
- Words: Zeph
- Label: C.A.K.E.
I really don't see the '88 parallel here. These guys' lyrical subjects, although hilarious at times, would not have gone over well in '88. Entertaining, but not righteous. "88" is all drums, other than the same distorted guitar stab heard in N.W.A.'s "Boyz-N-the-Hood." I found the production a little boring. "One Two" sounds like it would knock at the right volume. It wasn't as 'throwback' as I expected, but in a good way.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player