The Cool Kids 88
- Words: Zeph
- Label: C.A.K.E.
I really don't see the '88 parallel here. These guys' lyrical subjects, although hilarious at times, would not have gone over well in '88. Entertaining, but not righteous. "88" is all drums, other than the same distorted guitar stab heard in N.W.A.'s "Boyz-N-the-Hood." I found the production a little boring. "One Two" sounds like it would knock at the right volume. It wasn't as 'throwback' as I expected, but in a good way.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player