The Cool Kids 88
- Words: Zeph
- Label: C.A.K.E.
I really don't see the '88 parallel here. These guys' lyrical subjects, although hilarious at times, would not have gone over well in '88. Entertaining, but not righteous. "88" is all drums, other than the same distorted guitar stab heard in N.W.A.'s "Boyz-N-the-Hood." I found the production a little boring. "One Two" sounds like it would knock at the right volume. It wasn't as 'throwback' as I expected, but in a good way.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player