Copy Hair Guitar
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Audio Dregs
The lightweight follow-up to Mobius Beard-from Portland's 8-bit laptop synth-pop wizard Marius Libman-doesn't stink of carbon, but it's every bit as endearingly dorky and energetic as its predecessor, filled with binary handclaps, bubble-gum synths, and boss-level theatrics. The album-opening "Fist" is next-generation Capcom genius, while "Zipper Problems" suggests the pop-hop influence Libman so readily divulges to the press (Dre? really?). Of course, Copy's no Timbaland, but here Libman sure knows when to go for the cheat codes, and when to press reset. Hair Guitar is a brisk 10 tracks, over before it begins, and all the better for its respect for our Wii-addled attention spans.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player