Coughee Brothaz Waitin’ Our Turn
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Coughee Brothaz Ent
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
There’s a name for all the scoundrels and scalawags who turn up on Devin the Dude’s tales of debauchery: the Coughee Brothaz. “Coughee,” of course, is Devin-speak for that green sticky stuff, and Waitin’ Our Turn has all sorts of fun (see “Coughee in My Cup”) with the play on words. Predictably, the whole thing doesn’t play much differently than any of Devin’s recent solo albums and that’s sort of the point. When they’re not having fun with faux Cockney accents (“Rise and Shine”), Brothaz like Tony Mac, Manchild, and Juggmugg are talking strictly pussy, pot, and penis jokes (the rest of the album). What, you were expecting something else?
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player