Coughee Brothaz Waitin’ Our Turn
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Coughee Brothaz Ent
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
There’s a name for all the scoundrels and scalawags who turn up on Devin the Dude’s tales of debauchery: the Coughee Brothaz. “Coughee,” of course, is Devin-speak for that green sticky stuff, and Waitin’ Our Turn has all sorts of fun (see “Coughee in My Cup”) with the play on words. Predictably, the whole thing doesn’t play much differently than any of Devin’s recent solo albums and that’s sort of the point. When they’re not having fun with faux Cockney accents (“Rise and Shine”), Brothaz like Tony Mac, Manchild, and Juggmugg are talking strictly pussy, pot, and penis jokes (the rest of the album). What, you were expecting something else?
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player