Coughee Brothaz Waitin’ Our Turn
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Coughee Brothaz Ent
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
There’s a name for all the scoundrels and scalawags who turn up on Devin the Dude’s tales of debauchery: the Coughee Brothaz. “Coughee,” of course, is Devin-speak for that green sticky stuff, and Waitin’ Our Turn has all sorts of fun (see “Coughee in My Cup”) with the play on words. Predictably, the whole thing doesn’t play much differently than any of Devin’s recent solo albums and that’s sort of the point. When they’re not having fun with faux Cockney accents (“Rise and Shine”), Brothaz like Tony Mac, Manchild, and Juggmugg are talking strictly pussy, pot, and penis jokes (the rest of the album). What, you were expecting something else?
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player