Coughee Brothaz Waitin’ Our Turn
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Coughee Brothaz Ent
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
There’s a name for all the scoundrels and scalawags who turn up on Devin the Dude’s tales of debauchery: the Coughee Brothaz. “Coughee,” of course, is Devin-speak for that green sticky stuff, and Waitin’ Our Turn has all sorts of fun (see “Coughee in My Cup”) with the play on words. Predictably, the whole thing doesn’t play much differently than any of Devin’s recent solo albums and that’s sort of the point. When they’re not having fun with faux Cockney accents (“Rise and Shine”), Brothaz like Tony Mac, Manchild, and Juggmugg are talking strictly pussy, pot, and penis jokes (the rest of the album). What, you were expecting something else?
- PodcastBasement Jaxx
- FeatureMiles Whittaker, Cabaret Voltaire, and the Venue That Stole the Spotlight: Berlin Atonal's Five Most Memorable Moments
- FeatureHi-Five: Optimo Shares Five of Its Favorite Scottish Jams
- NewsWatch "Ashiko," a New Video from Clap! Clap!
- MP3Elder Island "The Big Unknown (Ben La Desh Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player