Crossover Cryptic And Dire Sallow Faced Hoods Blast Off Into Oblivion
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: Gigolo
The second Crossover LP benefits from a broader, richer production palette thanks to the addition of fellow Gigolo artist Matt "Mount" Sims behind the scenes-the cheap-sounding synths that blighted their debut are nowhere to be heard this time out. The duo‘s range of influences also appears to have been extended in the interim between albums-Italo horror soundtracks have clearly shaped a number of the tracks. As with many of their Gigolo contemporaries, the lyrics still occasionally grate, but perseverance proves rewarding.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player