CSS Cansei De Ser Sexy
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Sub Pop
Self-deprecation is classic punk rock maneuvering. So when rock-candy-distorted bass climbs out of the unwieldy feedback, rubber-band drums, and chants of "CSS sucks" that open Cansei De Ser Sexy, it's pretty clear what listeners are in for: a hyper, self-conscious dance record that owes more to Detroit proto-punk than to Detroit techno. On the Brazilian six-piece‘s Sub Pop debut, CSS crawls through 11 tracks of dirty, danceable rock, with titles like "Music Is My Hot, Hot Sex" and "Let's Make Love And Listen to Death From Above." It‘s decidedly slutty fun.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player