Culture Two Sevens Clash (30th Anniversary Edition)
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: Shanachie
According to legend, Culture's lead vocalist Joseph Hill had a vision, while riding a Kingston city bus, that some of Marcus Garvey's cataclysmic prophecies would come true on the seventh day of the seventh month of 1977. It doesn't matter that the day came and went without incident; the resulting record, Two Sevens Clash, lives on as one of the greatest reggae songs ever recorded. But it's only one jewel among many on this beautiful re-release; the disco stepper "I'm Not Ashamed" and the righteous "See Them a Come" are here, too, along with five bonus tracks, including dubs and DJ versions with the great I-Roy. A fitting tribute to Hill, who passed away unexpectedly last year.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player