Culver City Dub Collective Dos
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Everloving
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Drummer Adam Topol has plenty of musical experience, spending the last few years backing up Jack Johnson. In assembling this collective alongside guitarist Franchot Tone, they've done what formidable collaborations aim for: achieve diversity, with a clear thread intact. That connecting point is reggae, with an emphasis on guitar-driven jams. Of course, having Johnson, Ben Harper, Money Mark, and Winston Jarret to help out doesn't hurt. The laid-back "Mr. W" hinges on the bass, while the horns and keyboards playfully dance on "Houdini." Throw a touch of Brazilian bossa in with their casual, tight swagger, and CCDC is one very special mutant.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player