Culver City Dub Collective Dos
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Everloving
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Drummer Adam Topol has plenty of musical experience, spending the last few years backing up Jack Johnson. In assembling this collective alongside guitarist Franchot Tone, they've done what formidable collaborations aim for: achieve diversity, with a clear thread intact. That connecting point is reggae, with an emphasis on guitar-driven jams. Of course, having Johnson, Ben Harper, Money Mark, and Winston Jarret to help out doesn't hurt. The laid-back "Mr. W" hinges on the bass, while the horns and keyboards playfully dance on "Houdini." Throw a touch of Brazilian bossa in with their casual, tight swagger, and CCDC is one very special mutant.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player