CuteTheories Cute Theory
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Self-Released
Not all of CuteTheories is as adorable as its name, the Shibuya-style sweetness of the first track, or the homemade packaging with its tiny hologram sticker. Doom and despair do indeed linger on the new LP from Cute Theory, essentially a compilation showcasing each of the crew's IDM talents. Exploring the dark side of Pro Tools, Casey Basichis and "new guy" Lee Hurley both deliver ominous ambience no doubt derived from the tenser moments of Legend of Zelda. But it's the delectable singsong stylings of MadGirl (Madeline Puckette) that steal the show. You haven't even heard "LA Fashion" yet, but you're already infected.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player