CuteTheories Cute Theory
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Self-Released
Not all of CuteTheories is as adorable as its name, the Shibuya-style sweetness of the first track, or the homemade packaging with its tiny hologram sticker. Doom and despair do indeed linger on the new LP from Cute Theory, essentially a compilation showcasing each of the crew's IDM talents. Exploring the dark side of Pro Tools, Casey Basichis and "new guy" Lee Hurley both deliver ominous ambience no doubt derived from the tenser moments of Legend of Zelda. But it's the delectable singsong stylings of MadGirl (Madeline Puckette) that steal the show. You haven't even heard "LA Fashion" yet, but you're already infected.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player