CuteTheories Cute Theory
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Self-Released
Not all of CuteTheories is as adorable as its name, the Shibuya-style sweetness of the first track, or the homemade packaging with its tiny hologram sticker. Doom and despair do indeed linger on the new LP from Cute Theory, essentially a compilation showcasing each of the crew's IDM talents. Exploring the dark side of Pro Tools, Casey Basichis and "new guy" Lee Hurley both deliver ominous ambience no doubt derived from the tenser moments of Legend of Zelda. But it's the delectable singsong stylings of MadGirl (Madeline Puckette) that steal the show. You haven't even heard "LA Fashion" yet, but you're already infected.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player