Cyrus From the Shadows
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Tectonic
Cyrus has been on dubstep selectors' radars since the early days of the genre's second wave, but if you wanted to hear the goods, you usually had to find them on Joe Nice's mixes. Tectonic's first artist LP is all half-tempo cuts, very little melody, dry drums, almost no vocal samples, and all very claustrophobic. "Indian Stomp" rises above the rest with its playful clatter, but overall the album lacks the spark of dubstep's recent output. For a label that's been as adventurous as Tectonic, these tracks often don't rise above DJ tools.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player