Désormais Dead Letters to Lost Friends
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Intr-Version
Désormais travels down a highway during its 27th hour on the road, the tail lights ahead bleeding together and seeming to lift you off the ground toward the heavens where you believe you‘ll soon be. Core members Mitchell Akiyama and Joshua Treble embody that sensation with digitally smeared guitar tones and rhythms that fall in and out of sleep. "One or Many Wolves" drifts to a hypnotic mutant-disco pulse, while the Fennesz-like guitar excursion "Drowning in Place" simply falls to the ground and daydreams under a fog the sun never cracks through. The standout, "I Wore Water Wings But the Chlorine Still Stings," takes a wafting guitar ballad and smothers it with samples of a dry cleaner. It‘s awfully beautiful, mind you.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player