D-Tension Contacts and Contracts II
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Brick
With hip-hop producer albums a dime a dozen these days, even a seasoned beatsmith like D-Tension may have a hard time standing out in the crowd. But instead of trying outlandish concepts for his own sake, he sticks to the basics on Contacts and Contracts II. As on Contacts and Contracts I, D-Tension again brings together a respectable lineup of indie MCs (i.e. Slug, Akrobatik, and Wordsworth) to rhyme over his hard-hitting, East Coast-centric productions, and the overall experience is satisfactory. Surprisingly, though, it‘s D-Tension's hilarious bonus solo album, Rap Music Sucks-included here-that's the real selling point.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player