D-Tension Contacts and Contracts II
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Brick
With hip-hop producer albums a dime a dozen these days, even a seasoned beatsmith like D-Tension may have a hard time standing out in the crowd. But instead of trying outlandish concepts for his own sake, he sticks to the basics on Contacts and Contracts II. As on Contacts and Contracts I, D-Tension again brings together a respectable lineup of indie MCs (i.e. Slug, Akrobatik, and Wordsworth) to rhyme over his hard-hitting, East Coast-centric productions, and the overall experience is satisfactory. Surprisingly, though, it‘s D-Tension's hilarious bonus solo album, Rap Music Sucks-included here-that's the real selling point.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player