D-Tension Contacts and Contracts II
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Brick
With hip-hop producer albums a dime a dozen these days, even a seasoned beatsmith like D-Tension may have a hard time standing out in the crowd. But instead of trying outlandish concepts for his own sake, he sticks to the basics on Contacts and Contracts II. As on Contacts and Contracts I, D-Tension again brings together a respectable lineup of indie MCs (i.e. Slug, Akrobatik, and Wordsworth) to rhyme over his hard-hitting, East Coast-centric productions, and the overall experience is satisfactory. Surprisingly, though, it‘s D-Tension's hilarious bonus solo album, Rap Music Sucks-included here-that's the real selling point.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player