- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Asphodel
DACM, a collaboration between Mego heavyweights Peter Rehberg and vocalist Tujiko Noriko, had a lot of promise in concept, but the reality is a very one-sided exploration, with only two (although notably gorgeous) contributions from Ms. Noriko. The remaining nine tracks from Rehberg (alias Pita) rumble with sonic depth, some of a darker shade, others more predictable in their development and character. The high note of Stereotypie is "Birthday," an amazingly deep 12-minute aural meditation. The track is a lot like Rehberg‘s masterpiece on Ash International‘s Mesmer compilation, which is currently celebrating its 10-year anniversary. Apparently, Pita‘s ambient gets better with age.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player