- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Asphodel
DACM, a collaboration between Mego heavyweights Peter Rehberg and vocalist Tujiko Noriko, had a lot of promise in concept, but the reality is a very one-sided exploration, with only two (although notably gorgeous) contributions from Ms. Noriko. The remaining nine tracks from Rehberg (alias Pita) rumble with sonic depth, some of a darker shade, others more predictable in their development and character. The high note of Stereotypie is "Birthday," an amazingly deep 12-minute aural meditation. The track is a lot like Rehberg‘s masterpiece on Ash International‘s Mesmer compilation, which is currently celebrating its 10-year anniversary. Apparently, Pita‘s ambient gets better with age.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player