Daedelus Denies the Day‘s Demise
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Mush
He's done it again. Santa Monica's Daedelus unveils a kaleidoscopic puree of eclectic grooves drawing on bossa nova, found sounds, and Cary Grant-era soundtracks, precision-crafted with a delicious IDM flair. Sophisticated and exhilarating, this rich 14-track masterpiece meanders with jazzy, urban zeal through a surreal landscape grounded in the street-wise beat programming we‘ve come to expect from the Mush camp. The sample selection is impeccable, and the fusion seamless, evoking dream-state imagery while keeping the heads nodding. Crafted the way an album should be, Denies is more than just the sum of its delightful little parts. Highly recommended.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player