Daedelus Rethinking the Weather
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Mush
Blending tapered-knicker nerdiness with hypermodern digital effects, So-Cal producer Daedelus is wedged between the Burberry-scarved world of Godard and the cyborg-dominated world of Ghost in the Shell. Rethinking the Weather is a pastiche of instrumentals from his 2002 release The Weather-for which Daedelus teamed up with the droll, space-cadet-ish emcees Busdriver and Radioinactive. Rethinking preserves The Weather's characteristic zaniness, mixing cheesy Archies-style organ with driving thwicka-thwicka-boom percussion ("Dark Days"), lazy whistling ("Bright Star"), and children's toy instrumentals ("Name Game"). What results are instrumental remixes with as much narrative arch as the original cuts.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player