- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: N5md
The debut of Mexico City native Damiak on Oakland label n5md's 7ransparen7 series features two twitchy yet oddly emotional tracks: "Iron g" and "Enojon." Both create a playful, uncomplicated vibe amidst a sea of clicks and clacks-echoing early works by Aphex Twin or Autechre-with soothing synthesizer textures and tough ricochet beats sometimes running amok. "Pesero" bodes well for Damiak's full-length debut in 2005.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player