- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: N5md
The debut of Mexico City native Damiak on Oakland label n5md's 7ransparen7 series features two twitchy yet oddly emotional tracks: "Iron g" and "Enojon." Both create a playful, uncomplicated vibe amidst a sea of clicks and clacks-echoing early works by Aphex Twin or Autechre-with soothing synthesizer textures and tough ricochet beats sometimes running amok. "Pesero" bodes well for Damiak's full-length debut in 2005.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player