Dan Curtin We Are The Ones We‘ve Been Waiting For
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Headspace Recordings
Despite his recent relocation to Berlin, veteran American producer Dan Curtin hasn‘t let the chilliness of German techno influence his warm, buoyant sound. The backbone of his new full-length is still cerebral Detroit rhythms, but in typical fashion, soundwaves have been stretched, edges have been smoothed over, and patterns have been re-imagined by this ace beatsmith. Curtin isn‘t ushering in anything radically different on this release, though it‘s more mellow and restrained than past efforts. Rather, subtle twists-like the bubbly synths of "No Time for Gravity Waves" or the combination of cut-up vocals and delicate electro fragments on slow burner "Peach"-showcase the work of a steady, experienced hand.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- PodcastGunnar Haslam
XLR8R Downloads Player