Dan Curtin We Are The Ones We‘ve Been Waiting For
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Headspace Recordings
Despite his recent relocation to Berlin, veteran American producer Dan Curtin hasn‘t let the chilliness of German techno influence his warm, buoyant sound. The backbone of his new full-length is still cerebral Detroit rhythms, but in typical fashion, soundwaves have been stretched, edges have been smoothed over, and patterns have been re-imagined by this ace beatsmith. Curtin isn‘t ushering in anything radically different on this release, though it‘s more mellow and restrained than past efforts. Rather, subtle twists-like the bubbly synths of "No Time for Gravity Waves" or the combination of cut-up vocals and delicate electro fragments on slow burner "Peach"-showcase the work of a steady, experienced hand.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player