Dan Curtin We Are The Ones We‘ve Been Waiting For
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Headspace Recordings
Despite his recent relocation to Berlin, veteran American producer Dan Curtin hasn‘t let the chilliness of German techno influence his warm, buoyant sound. The backbone of his new full-length is still cerebral Detroit rhythms, but in typical fashion, soundwaves have been stretched, edges have been smoothed over, and patterns have been re-imagined by this ace beatsmith. Curtin isn‘t ushering in anything radically different on this release, though it‘s more mellow and restrained than past efforts. Rather, subtle twists-like the bubbly synths of "No Time for Gravity Waves" or the combination of cut-up vocals and delicate electro fragments on slow burner "Peach"-showcase the work of a steady, experienced hand.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player