Dan Curtin We Are The Ones We‘ve Been Waiting For
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Headspace Recordings
Despite his recent relocation to Berlin, veteran American producer Dan Curtin hasn‘t let the chilliness of German techno influence his warm, buoyant sound. The backbone of his new full-length is still cerebral Detroit rhythms, but in typical fashion, soundwaves have been stretched, edges have been smoothed over, and patterns have been re-imagined by this ace beatsmith. Curtin isn‘t ushering in anything radically different on this release, though it‘s more mellow and restrained than past efforts. Rather, subtle twists-like the bubbly synths of "No Time for Gravity Waves" or the combination of cut-up vocals and delicate electro fragments on slow burner "Peach"-showcase the work of a steady, experienced hand.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- ReviewAphex Twin Syro
XLR8R Downloads Player