Dani Siciliano Likes...
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: !K7
Dani Siciliano is unique for a number of reasons-the most contradictory of which is that she was a world-renowned artist long before the release of debut single, "Walk The Line," earlier this year. She's Herbert's muse/musical ally, and has provided vocals on a number of his most popular tracks. Her instantly recognizable voice graces Nottingham house producer Brooks's records, going against the grain of a flood of personality-free electronic house. Thus, her debut album, Likes..., has been eagerly anticipated, and rightfully so. Be it a Nirvana cover ("Come As You Are"), the aptly titled "Extra Ordinary," or "Red"-whose oddball hip-hop groove is enough to embarrass Outkast-Dani's record does not disappoint. "Walk The Line"'s firm, Jill Scott-style put-downs suggested Siciliano wasn't a lady to ignore, and Likes... confirms it.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player