Dani Siciliano Likes...
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: !K7
Dani Siciliano is unique for a number of reasons-the most contradictory of which is that she was a world-renowned artist long before the release of debut single, "Walk The Line," earlier this year. She's Herbert's muse/musical ally, and has provided vocals on a number of his most popular tracks. Her instantly recognizable voice graces Nottingham house producer Brooks's records, going against the grain of a flood of personality-free electronic house. Thus, her debut album, Likes..., has been eagerly anticipated, and rightfully so. Be it a Nirvana cover ("Come As You Are"), the aptly titled "Extra Ordinary," or "Red"-whose oddball hip-hop groove is enough to embarrass Outkast-Dani's record does not disappoint. "Walk The Line"'s firm, Jill Scott-style put-downs suggested Siciliano wasn't a lady to ignore, and Likes... confirms it.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player