Dani Siciliano Likes...
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: !K7
Dani Siciliano is unique for a number of reasons-the most contradictory of which is that she was a world-renowned artist long before the release of debut single, "Walk The Line," earlier this year. She's Herbert's muse/musical ally, and has provided vocals on a number of his most popular tracks. Her instantly recognizable voice graces Nottingham house producer Brooks's records, going against the grain of a flood of personality-free electronic house. Thus, her debut album, Likes..., has been eagerly anticipated, and rightfully so. Be it a Nirvana cover ("Come As You Are"), the aptly titled "Extra Ordinary," or "Red"-whose oddball hip-hop groove is enough to embarrass Outkast-Dani's record does not disappoint. "Walk The Line"'s firm, Jill Scott-style put-downs suggested Siciliano wasn't a lady to ignore, and Likes... confirms it.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player