Dani Siciliano Likes...
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: !K7
Dani Siciliano is unique for a number of reasons-the most contradictory of which is that she was a world-renowned artist long before the release of debut single, "Walk The Line," earlier this year. She's Herbert's muse/musical ally, and has provided vocals on a number of his most popular tracks. Her instantly recognizable voice graces Nottingham house producer Brooks's records, going against the grain of a flood of personality-free electronic house. Thus, her debut album, Likes..., has been eagerly anticipated, and rightfully so. Be it a Nirvana cover ("Come As You Are"), the aptly titled "Extra Ordinary," or "Red"-whose oddball hip-hop groove is enough to embarrass Outkast-Dani's record does not disappoint. "Walk The Line"'s firm, Jill Scott-style put-downs suggested Siciliano wasn't a lady to ignore, and Likes... confirms it.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player