Daniel Magg Facets
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: Compos
Compost is nothing if not consistent. The label is known for churning out classy, sophisticated nu-jazz/broken beat/house tunes at an alarming rate, and Daniel Magg's Facets is another fine example. The former Worldless People member's solo debut fits well with the long-established Compost sound, and really breaks no new ground. Still, with all the shimmering, soulful and danceable tunes on here, the album is by no means typical. With a host of guest artists popping up here and there (Minus 8, Wolfgang R?ter and Gentlerain), Magg keeps the tempo up and the bassline groovy, and piles on just the right amount of leftfield flavor.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player