Daniel Meteo Working Class
These 10 new tracks, plus electro-boogie romp "The Beat of the Heart" from 2008, mark a departure from Berliner Daniel Meteo's deep, dubby, island roots-inspired productions on ~scape and his own Meteosound imprints. His new approach crisscrosses genre borders, adding ambient and pop flavors, and the results are mixed. "In the Mood" is about serendipitously finding love while out walking in the sunshine, a journey far too soft and sentimental for a post-midnight rambler like Meteo, who recovers his skills for the darker arts on mid-tempo steppers "Grace," "Return of the Pure," and "On the Corner," along with the patient acid-reggae-bass grooves of the title track.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player