Danny McMillan Inflight Sessions 02
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: In-Flight Entertainment
McMillan has been a mainstay of the British breakbeat scene since he was 15, and it shows: his latest album coheres without slipping into homogeneity, the smooth mixing seeming near-effortless. This disc comprises eleven tracks, including work from McMillan and longtime collaborator Adam McEvoy (billed as McMillan and Tab), Meat Katie and Lee Coombs. The result is a techy breakbeat album that travels from an atmospheric start with Klaus's "The Big Man" through darker (sometimes bongo-laced) offerings, reaching near a close with Katie and Coombs's appropriately titled "Not House Music." McMillan proves again why he's had such staying power.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player