Danny McMillan Inflight Sessions 02
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: In-Flight Entertainment
McMillan has been a mainstay of the British breakbeat scene since he was 15, and it shows: his latest album coheres without slipping into homogeneity, the smooth mixing seeming near-effortless. This disc comprises eleven tracks, including work from McMillan and longtime collaborator Adam McEvoy (billed as McMillan and Tab), Meat Katie and Lee Coombs. The result is a techy breakbeat album that travels from an atmospheric start with Klaus's "The Big Man" through darker (sometimes bongo-laced) offerings, reaching near a close with Katie and Coombs's appropriately titled "Not House Music." McMillan proves again why he's had such staying power.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player