Darqwan M/a..ximum Reespek
- Words: Mary Anne Hobbs
- Label: Texture
Oris Jay [a.k.a. Darqwan] is a godfather of the sound... He came out of garage and started twisting dark techno and drum & bass influences into garage, and his beats form the blueprint of dubstep today. The next tune that he's gonna come with on Texture is "M/a..ximum Reespek." I put an old-school garage special together with El-B versus Oris. I wanted to them to show the transition from garage to dubstep. Oris made this tune "M/a..ximum Reespek" [Mary Anne signs her emails "m/a.. x"-Ed.] especially to end that particular mix.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player