Darqwan M/a..ximum Reespek
- Words: Mary Anne Hobbs
- Label: Texture
Oris Jay [a.k.a. Darqwan] is a godfather of the sound... He came out of garage and started twisting dark techno and drum & bass influences into garage, and his beats form the blueprint of dubstep today. The next tune that he's gonna come with on Texture is "M/a..ximum Reespek." I put an old-school garage special together with El-B versus Oris. I wanted to them to show the transition from garage to dubstep. Oris made this tune "M/a..ximum Reespek" [Mary Anne signs her emails "m/a.. x"-Ed.] especially to end that particular mix.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player