Darqwan M/a..ximum Reespek
- Words: Mary Anne Hobbs
- Label: Texture
Oris Jay [a.k.a. Darqwan] is a godfather of the sound... He came out of garage and started twisting dark techno and drum & bass influences into garage, and his beats form the blueprint of dubstep today. The next tune that he's gonna come with on Texture is "M/a..ximum Reespek." I put an old-school garage special together with El-B versus Oris. I wanted to them to show the transition from garage to dubstep. Oris made this tune "M/a..ximum Reespek" [Mary Anne signs her emails "m/a.. x"-Ed.] especially to end that particular mix.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player