Das Bierbeben No Future No Past
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Shitkatapult
From the opening onslaught of "Readyroom," there's no need to ask what Germany's Das Bierbeben (The Beerdrinkers) are doing on techno-punk headbanger T.Raumschmiere's Shitkatapult label. The double-time synth attack and 17-part shrieking vocals are easily as bombastic as anything the gear-destroying label honcho has ever done. But at heart, Das Bierbeben don't want to junk society, they want to funk it. And funk they do-on tinny electro-disco tracks like "Staub," which sounds like an 8-bit Metro Area fronted by Nena, and "Mach Deinen Fernseher Kaputt" which adds a metallic tinge before unspooling into a rickety garage rocker.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player