Das Bierbeben No Future No Past
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Shitkatapult
From the opening onslaught of "Readyroom," there's no need to ask what Germany's Das Bierbeben (The Beerdrinkers) are doing on techno-punk headbanger T.Raumschmiere's Shitkatapult label. The double-time synth attack and 17-part shrieking vocals are easily as bombastic as anything the gear-destroying label honcho has ever done. But at heart, Das Bierbeben don't want to junk society, they want to funk it. And funk they do-on tinny electro-disco tracks like "Staub," which sounds like an 8-bit Metro Area fronted by Nena, and "Mach Deinen Fernseher Kaputt" which adds a metallic tinge before unspooling into a rickety garage rocker.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player