DAT Politics Go Pets Go
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Chicks on Speed
DAT Politics is laudable for emphasizing the violent delirium and naked psychedelia of cartoon music. It's nearly miraculous that such sounds-schizophrenically bouncing between genres and damning even five-second attention spans-became our childhood babysitters. On Go Pets Go, the DAT politicians continue to shove Rugrats synth melodies, toy drum beats and time-stretched vocals into a DSP blender, but sans the tinnitus-licking high frequencies and bloody chipmunk squabbles. The result is fine toon pop on par with the I"magination Land" song from The Muppet Babies or John Zorn's Cynical Hysterie Hour soundtrack. However, this music might make tykes cry.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player